Setup: Optional Content Packs for Improved Help
Improved Help ships with a set of Help Topics that can be installed as part of the application initialisation process – please see step 10 of the Setup: Improved Help Quick Start Guide for more details.
We also provide additional, optional content packs that you are free to install, adopt adapt (or delete!), as you see fit.
To install a pack – or update to the latest release – simply:
1. Add Improved Apps as a Remote Site
Temporarily, add our site as a trusted web site from the Salesforce Setup menu’s Remote Settings area…
1a. If you can’t add a Remote Site
No problem, just:
- Paste the link from step (2) into a browser tab;
- Open the page & save the source as a local file;
- Upload into Salesforce as a Document;
- View the Document and copy the address of the viewed page;
Continue to step 2…
2. Select your Content Pack
Click the appropriate ‘XML’ icon below, to copy the link to your required XML document.
3. Install your Content Pack
- Go to your Improved Help Settings page: Documentation tab in your Salesforce org.;
- Paste the file’s address from step 2 into the ‘Load XML from this document’ field;
- Click ‘Upsert Documentation’ button to install the pack.
Repeat steps (2) & (3) for any other Content Packs & then remove https://www.improvedapps.com from your Remotes Sites list.