Create virtual Help Documents & Presentations
Improved Help Reading Lists are ordered lists of Help Topics:
- Linear: Describe processes or procedures – lists with a formal Reading Order (like numbered ‘1’, ‘2’, ‘3’… bullet-points);
- Non-linear: Collections or ‘play-books’, where Reading Order is less important (like regular ‘•’ bullet-points) but might be used to rank entries in some way – alphabetically or perhaps competitors by size.
Embed Reading List Galleries into Salesforce Pages
Help Authors can use a Reading List Gallery callout to provide embedded help with a process or play-book context directly within a Salesforce page.
Reading Lists in the Enterprise Help Portal
The Enterprise Help Portal has a Reading Lists panel, which lists those Reading Lists:
- Featured: by a Help Author – to become ‘sticky’ and float to the top of the Reading List Panel;
- Containing the current Help Topic: being viewed in the Help Portal’s Help Topic panel.
Each Reading list in the panel has the same layout:
- Pop-out icon: Allows the Reading List to be popped-out into a stand-alone view in a new page – for use as a reference;
- Reading List Name: Describes the record – a click opens the Reading List Properties dialogue;
- List Navigation: Move back & forth through the list using the arrows, or jump direct to specific Entries – to refocus the Help Portal’s Help Topic panel. Hover on any Entry to get Summary information before navigation.
Need to Walk Through a Process? Use Help Guides!
If a Reading List describes a process or procedure involving specific Salesforce pages – make it interactive. Convert it into a Help Guide.