Quick Access Menu
Helped pages have a Quick Access Menu, providing tools & features by Improved Help User Type:
Helped Users – Access Help Content and Features
Tools for all Improved Help Users:
- Help Home: Opens the Enterprise Help Portal;
- Search Help: Opens a Help search dialogue;
- My Bookmarks: Opens a list of Help Topics I’ve saved for reference;
- Comment: Opens a feedback dialogue – so I can request / suggest help for a specific field;
- Guides: Opens a list of available Help Guides for the current page.
Help Analyst – In-page Statistics & More…
Help Analysts enjoy all Helped User features, plus additional page modes:
- View: as a Helped User;
- Analyse: Access Help Analyst features – view in-page statistics & charts and drill-through to analysis reports on users’ Interactions with helped elements.
The current mode is highlighted in the menu (and page background when the menu is closed).
Help Author – In Situ Tools for Creating & Refining Help
Help Authors enjoy all Help Analyst features, plus additional authoring page modes:
- Help-Enable: Select/de-seselect in-page elements to be help-enabled;
- Re-configure: Manage of Helped Elements and their related Help Topics – especially useful for managing Data-Driven Help and Help Domains.
Help Administrator – Global Help Settings
Help Administrators enjoy all Help Authors features, plus access to Help Settings – to set application-wide parameters & options.