Interactive Help Guides – The Dos & Don’ts…
“Always remember that less is MORE!”
Help Guides provide help to your users in the best way possible, with step by step interactive Guides and Playbooks, allowing you to:
Manage and group help & training content with ease
Create cohesive learning and training paths within your apps!
Manage all your Salesforce onboarding & training needs with a reduction in maintenance
See how easy it is to create an interactive guide, read this article and watch the video below which shows you a simple example of creating a guide from scratch.
Below is a small list of good things to do or to keep in mind as you create Guides to fast track your learning and deliver your Help Guides.
- Keep your guides simple, until you increase your knowledge
- Think about the end user – Whats this step mean to them!
- Each step should offer a clear and concise message
- Provide simple ‘Hints and Tips’
- Explain why each step is important to the user or the business to get right
- Navigate to the place you want to guide your users before going into ‘Guide-Enable’ mode
- Try and keep the number of steps in a guide to 7 (plus or minus 2!)
The below video walks you through creating a very simple guide…
Through many many workshops with our customers, we’ve compiled this short list below of things to avoid if you can.
- Don’t try and use every feature in every guide, it will only confuse your users
- Don’t start by trying to create multi-page guides
- Don’t forget you have a choice of linear or non-linear guides, try them out!
- Don’t forget to test, test, test from a typical users profile! Login as an end user and test!
- Don’t forget context is key, so no need for screenshots etc which only require maintenance!