Need Conditional Help for Different Users?
Use Help Domains to provide alternative help and training content to different groups of users – on shared fields, buttons, links and related lists.
Consider an example helped field label with embedded help in a ‘Summary-Only’ Help Topic Callout:
- An Internal User might see…
- A Partner Portal User might see – for the same field…
- Organisational boundaries: Internal vs. Partner users;
- Partner types: Gold/Silver/Bronze levels;
- User Types: Sales, Engineering & Finance teams;
- Geographies: Regions, legislations, languages…
Use the simplicity and power of Improved Help Topic Visibility and Salesforce Sharing Rules to deliver alternate help – for the same Salesforce fields – to different groups of users by Salesforce Profile, Role…
Learn about how easily an administrator can Setup: Help Domains.
Help Domains control visibility based on the current viewing user. If you (also) need to manage visibility by current viewed record data – to perhaps provide different help for different stages of the sales cycle – see Data-Driven Help.