Creating: Help Resources
Link to Existing / New Help Resources
Help Authors can link a Help Topic to existing Help Resources – or create new Help Resources on the fly – from the Help Portal’s Related Help Resources panel.
Help Authors see editing tools within the Related Help Resources panel, to…
Edit a Related Help Resource’s Usage Notes
Related Help Resources are managed through a very simple Help Topic Resource custom object. Accessible by Help Authors & Administrators, these records have only one editable field – Usage Notes.
Unlink this Related Help Resource
This deletes the Help Topic Resource record linking the specific Help Topic and Help Resource records – together with the associated Usage Notes. The Help Topic and Help Resource records are left unaffected.
Link to a Help Resource
Help Authors and Help Administrators can either search for an existing Help Resource or create a new linked Help Resource ‘on-the-fly’…
Search for an existing Help Resource:
- Search by keyword;
- Click the link icon on the required Help Resource.
Create & Link to a new Help Resource, entering:
- Name: A User-friendly, unique & ideally, brief name;
- Summary: Short description – to aid memory and other Help Authors’ understanding;
- Resource URL: The web address for the Resource, which much be accessible to the target audience;
- Resource Type: Document / Image / Video / Web-page
- Location: Any local name for the repository, such as Intranet, SharePoint…;
- Click the Add icon.