Can you solve Einstein’s riddle?
By Sophie Wyard – Marketing Manager @ Improved Apps
With Salesforce launching Einstein this week at Dreamforce ’16, talk in our offices soon turned to the subject of the great man himself. It was during the conversations and idle chit chat about his amazing achievements that the riddle was raised…so we thought now was as good a time as any to share the conundrum to get our comparatively mediocre minds musing!
The Einstein riddle supposedly written by Albert Einstein, (though there’s apparently no actual evidence of this) is incredibly clever.
It’s rumoured that only 2% of the population can solve it….Can you?
Have a go and find out:
There are five houses in five different colours in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: who owns the fish?
Good luck!…By the way there are no tricks, all the riddle requires is that you use simple logic. Those of you that don’t have the patience to work it out can watch PoETheeds’ video, which takes you through the process of solving it step by step.
Sophie Wyard – Marketing Manager @ Improved Apps